Saturday, February 6, 2010

Days 10 & 11

Woohoo. I am a third of the way there! Yesterday was class number 10. I went to the 4pm class because everything closed because of snowpocalypse 2010. It was great. I felt really flexible, really focused and overall had a solid class.  I was super proud to put my 10th sticker on the wall. It doesn't look like a lot but to me, it was a proud moment.

And then snowmageddon occurred. If you haven't heard, DC is covered in 2 feet of snow and it is still coming down. A state of emergency has been declared and you can actually get a ticket if you are clueless or desperate enough to try to try to drive. Well, good thing the studio is three blocks away! I had originally planned on going to the 11am class but I woke up at 8:30 and decided to get my butt in gear and run over there. I had to walk in the middle of the streets because the sidewalks are impossible. Right around ten minutes till the class was supposed to start, I rounded the corner and in my head music from 2001: A Space Odyssey was playing. All of a sudden you could see "yogis" emerging from the sideways snow with mats in tow. Everyone was walking slowly and deliberatly and it was almost as if I could feel the wonderful energy coming from my fellow students from half a block away. It was pretty cool. I walked in to Aura's smiling face and she declared "Student number 4!" I was so excited that I made it I knew I was going to have a great class.

The class was awesome. My body was much more stiff than usual, probably because I had just woken up. I really was forced to focus on my form because it was impossible to hide amonst the masses today. And then -  it happened. Instructor (In Lithuanian accent) : "Valerie get those shoulders back, shoulders back back waaay back ... and change. Very good Valerie." Oh ... my ... God ... she knows my name. I felt like a regular! Throughout the class she pushed me to go harder, go stronger and go longer. It was an amazing class and I felt like I could conquer the world as I walked through the blizzard on my way home. I chose a smiley face as my sticker.

No comments:

Post a Comment